Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Corkboard Project



Well here it is. I loved the wall corkboard that Karlee at Wanna Be a Scrapper made for My Pink Stamper's Robyn, that I wanted to make one too. Karlee has a video tutorial up on her blog. I went out immediately and got the supplies needed to make it and did it today, having just finished.

I am eh . . . sorta happy with it. I made the ribbon 2 inches apart because it looked like that was about how far apart they were on Karlee's but it seems to me there are too many which I feel caused some veriety in the size of the squares.

All in all though I am happy with it. I'm gona put it up on my wall and display pictures and notes and the such with it. I REALLY like the fabric I chose. I have some left over and I really want to make something else with this fabric. Any suggestions? I also think I am going to get more materials and make a second for my mother. I think she'd like something like this to display pictures and etc . . . hmm maybe my sister would like one too. lol

5 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! And the colors are so fun! It will look fabulous with all the pics and notes in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very pretty!!! I tooo love the colors on this hun!!!

    Sharon the aircompressor at harborfrieghts online has them super cheap, you dont have to spend hundreds on it. I think if you sign up first for an email from them, they will send you a coupon for so much off tooo. I think out the door I got mine for 51.00 encluding insurance if something goes wrong with it. Anyways check it out hun, here is the link to the one I got, now they do have sales on these tooo, and you can use your coupon on the sale price, that is what I did!!! :) http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93657 Goodluck!!

    Oh and boots is use to the aircompressor now. At first he would run, but he spends hours down here, and knows that it wont bother him :) LOL

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! This is a great idea and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon---this project turned out great. Love the color combinations. You asked about the {heart} mold for making the heart crayons....think I got mine at JoAnn's using a coupon. This would have been a year ago or so....HTH!

    ReplyDelete